SEO – aka – Search Engine Optimization is a long term solution to getting your website found on the Internet by people who are looking for products and services that you offer. SEO does not go away. It stays with your website forever. Unlike print ads, radio ads, TV ads, and pay per click ads (PPC) SEO is a permanent marketing solution for your website. For any website owner – business – who has a website – for the purposes of something other than just an online business card or brochure – must optimize their website.
Why Is SEO important from a business website owner’s perspective?
- Over the long run, proper SEO brings in more search engine traffic to my website than pay per click – sponsored listings,
- Search listings – organic search listings – search results – natural listings are supposed to be and are believed to be non-biased,
- Again, over the long run, SEO has a better ROI than any other marketing methods,
- With PPC you can be a victim of click fraud or bidding wars – With SEO you only have to worry about whether the SEO firm you hired is doing their job,
- Proper SEO helps with building your brand online – brand recognition, and
- Proper SEO helps with online reputation management.